Monday, July 11, 2011

Living with Enough

On April 6 I had the pleasure of participating in Civic Engagement Day at Bluffton University (Bluffton, OH). (The students in Bluffton's first-year class had read my book The Emptiness of Our Hands as their summer reading selection in 2010.) The theme of the conference was "Living with Enough: Responding to Global Poverty." I presented two workshops during the day and the keynote address that evening. I also had the opportunity to hear other presenters, including some very bright and engaging students. It was quite a day!

Jackie Wells (pictured above left), Director of Residence Life and my very gracious personal host, was kind enough to send me the latest issue of Bluffton's alumni magazine. It includes "The Practice of Being `Present'," a report on one of my workshops. Click here to read it. Thanks, Jackie, for sharing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comment, and for doing so in a respectful way.